I just downloaded the hotfix for the Service Manager Portal and had a quick look at it.
Lots of fixes – but still showstoppers
There are a lot of fixes in this release but there are also some unfixed issues, some of them are showstoppers for us.
- Query form element with filter criteria depending on selection from another query in same form does not work
- Multiple query form elements inside same request offering form cannot add same relationship types
So there are more showstoppers for us, but the did not make it on the known issue list yet. So I’ll post them here:
- Datetime control in Service Request I would prefer a calendar control. But the issue with the actual control is, that you simply cannot enter a valid value.Even using the international date does not work.
- “The endless list” issue The query result are still in an endless HTML table when there are 1,000 results for example, you need some time to find the next field to enter.
- Service requests and activities do not show up. For some reasons no service request and activities show up in the test portal – but they do in the development portal.
A “nice to have” feature would be, if you enter a longer “companyname” in the global settings it could use the whole line without break.
What’s nice – and more suggestions for improvement
Some words to the nice things of the portal.
Open a Workitem via link
Now it is possible to open workitems with a link – so now it is possible to send links to a workitem.
One suggestion here: It would be nice to send the link from the actual site by copying the link form the browsers link section – or maybe a “share” button like in the Knowledge Base?
The Knowledge Base displays the articles as supposed. There can be links to KB articles, too.
One suggestion: The search is only in the description to the KB article, but not in the internal content section. It would be nice to have full text search.
Other blogs about the new self service portal
[Updated 2015-12-12 19:17]
There is progress on the service manager portal. But it is still not for use. I think, it still needs some time to improve – maybe an Easter update will be good enough for production.